**THIS IS A PART-TIME SCHEDULE IN MONTGOMERY CO (ELLICOTT CITY)., FROM Monday-Friday 4:30-6:30 PM
Advancing Beyond the Spectrum (ABS) was founded to provide the highest quality, evidence-based practices for children with developmental delays. We create cooperative partnerships between home, school, and community. Our services are predicated on the study of Applied Behavior Analysis with our goal being to help children move beyond labels and into futures that include meaningful social relationships, academic success, appropriate behaviors, and effective communication.
In order to achieve this mission, we employ the best ABA professionals in the Baltimore & DC Metro areas who have the passion, compassion, and service-first mindset to serve our clients and their families. We provide our employees with all the tools and support needed to set them up for success in order to provide the best outcomes possible for our clients and our communities.
The ABA Therapist will provide clinical skills instruction and behavior reduction protocols based upon the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to children with Autism and related developmental disabilities in the home, community, and school settings. The ABA Therapist will collect data on programs, assist with parent training, and assist the BCBA with clinical assessments as needed. The ABA Therapist is an essential part of the team, along with the BCBA, and the parents/caregivers to achieve the goals developed for the child.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide 1:1 ABA therapy in home, school, and community-based environments
- Implement individualized treatment plans developed by licensed & certified Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Collect data to monitor the progress and effectiveness of the individualized treatment plan.
- Provide regular written and verbal progress updates on treatment goals.
- Support the BCBA with training families on implementing individualized treatment plans.
- Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers regarding client progress as instructed by the BCBA.
- Utilize safe & appropriate handing procedures when working with clients.
- Assist BCBA with skill acquisition and behavior reduction assessments.
- Assist BCBA in preparing client materials as instructed.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy environment.
- Collaborate with the treatment team including client, parents and caregivers, outside professionals, and co-workers.
- Maintain and acquire technical knowledge by attending required trainings.
- Follow all HIPAA regulations & uphold BACB Code of Ethics at all times
- Follow the policies & procedures, and contribute to the culture of ABS
Qualifications and Skills
- Enrollment in or completion of Bachelor's degree in psychology, human services, healthcare, education, or related fields preferred
- High School diploma or GED required
- Current Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification, or willing to obtain within 60 days of hire
- Current BLS certification, or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Valid driver's license
- Reliable transportation & valid car insurance
- Pass pre-employment state and federal criminal background checks
- Experience working in an in-home setting preferred
- Fluency in English required, bilingual preferred
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and develop knowledge and skillsets accordingly.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and adhere to the company dress code.
- Most importantly, have enthusiasm, professionalism, and a can-do attitude!
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to lift and carry clients with adaptive equipment.
- Must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, crawling, sitting, standing) for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to restrain/hold/transport and utilize quick body movements as indicated in the Behavior Intervention Plan in the course of working with children with challenging behavior.
- Must have the manual dexterity to perform specific computer and electronic device functions.
- Must be physically present at the assigned job location, which may include home, school, and community placements.
- Must be able to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Must have visual acuity to read and comprehend written communication through a computer, electronic devices, and paper means.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience
- Health benefits through BlueCross
- 401K with company match
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) training and credentialing provided.
- Intensive field training program upon hire
- Group and 1:1 training with experienced BCBAs
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities